Monday 3 September 2012

Saltaire Makers Fair - 5 days to go!

I'm going to be exhibiting at the Saltaire Makers Fair this Saturday (as Bubble & Tweet) and I'm really looking forward to it-despite having lots of packaging and last minute printing to do! 

To get myself in the mood I thought I'd do a daily post in the few days leading up to it, featuring some of my favourite makers who'll be there - whether they be friends, acquaintances or just someone who's work I can't wait to see in the flesh. 

First up is Hugh Leishman, a lovely man who sold his wares alongside me in a great little gift shop (sadly now closed) in Ilkley, West Yorks. Hugh makes the most exquisite wooden objects, beautifully crafted out of fabulous English woods. I bought one of his 'spurtles' to stir my porridge and it's almost too nice to use-which is always a good sign in my book! See more at on Hugh's website or come and see it in the flesh on Saturday of course-where he's also doing some live demos! 

No comments: